07 June 2011

one year!

Most of you know that I [more than likely] wouldn't be in Michigan if it weren't for Herman Miller. Today marks the one year anniversary of my first day of working there. I can't believe that a year has already passed! Looking back, I realize how far I have come and how much I've learned! Never in a million years did I think I would be using my education in the way that I am. So much of what I do is based on the science of materials [although I depend on the individuals in the Design for the Environment team to do the chemical and material makeup assessment] and its use in an artful, environmentally conscious way.

this was taken the weekend before i started working


I began my journey as an intern. I was initially reluctant to take an intern position after graduation, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity with such an admirable company. As time progressed, I realized that I wanted to continue to work at Herman Miller [and yes, be willing to put up with Michigan winters]. The Color, Materials, and Finishes team decided to hire me full time and the rest is history!

One of the projects I worked on as an intern was supplying power to the Eames Tandem seats. Check out the Herman Miller blog post for more info!


I also might add that a year ago, it was definitely not this hot in Michigan. It's after 9 right now and it's still 89 degrees. I'm melting...


xoxo


a

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day!