16 July 2011

bathroom makeover!

I think it's about time I update you all on a little project I've been working on!! Do you remember those little glimpses of my teal bathroom you've seen in shots of my kitchen projects? Well, I thought that would be a pretty simple, inexpensive project to tackle, so I did!! 

If you don't remember, here's a little reminder... This is an image from before I gained possession of the home.
And here are some pictures before I got busy with a paint brush...
bad "frosted glass" job that i did awhile back... i removed it with a razor blade and you will see in a later image that i replaced it with an adhesive textile- a nice way to provide privacy

no toilet paper holder
I started with painting the trim white- same as the kitchen



i even had a friend to help me! thanks jenna!!!!

granted the window isn't in, but hello neighbors!!

And then onto the color! I opted for Valspar's "Lyndhurst Timber." I think I prefer something consumable like

| java | mocha | hot chocolate | coffee |
So... my camera did a lousy job with capturing the true color, but you get the idea.
bella likes it! i already had the bath mat - $15 from tj maxx. towel hook- $10 from lowes. black table- $2 from a garage sale that i spray painted black. wire basket that i've had forever- i'm considering that free. toilet paper- functional accessory... i obviously paid for that, but lets call that free too :). bella- can't put a price on her.
ideally, i would like to find a feminine scalloped beveled mirror, but for now, i removed the frame that the previous owners had the mirror in so, mirror- free. window privacy- scrap material from work- free. shower curtain- already had- free.
i have a toilet paper holder!!!! so exciting!!!!! i am eventually (hopefully) going to cut new cabinet doors to coordinate with the doors that i will eventually put in the kitchen.

closeup!

And here's the Kohler sink and toilet I would ideally like to have in the space


All in all, this project cost me less than $100!! And such a transformation!

xoxo 

a

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think you could call that color "Frapachino". Yummm...
    Nice TP holder. So nice of Jenna to help you out. Tell her hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes! Frappuccino! Glad you like it! Can't wait for you to see it along with all of the improvements I hope to make when Dad is up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your TP holder?

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day!