12 April 2011

oh my! kitchen...

I love my home, but I hate my kitchen...  It's a relatively large space [16' x 20' with 9' ceilings ] which adds to the perception of space and volume. I think it has a lot of potential, but right now, it is my least favorite. The use of space and the overall functionality is horrible and the hunter green trim with beige walls does absolutely nothing for me.

Here is what my kitchen looked like before I gained possession. I have removed the valences and I anticipate having new blinds in the next month or so. I've also started to paint the trim white [talk about a daunting task!] and the walls a sage/olive green which helps the space feel more like me.






I've started dreaming about what my ideal kitchen would be in this space, knowing that it won't happen for awhile, but here's a hint of what has been inspiring my thoughts:

dog bowls incorporated into the island for bella

love the sink!

a must for the corner cabinet!

simple, straight forward cabinets

"hidden" microwave

i'll end up upgrading the cook-top and stove, moving it to the island and reconfigure the cabinets and counter space

That's all for now!


xoxo

a

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's not creepy that I'm following your blog...hah, but I wanted to let you know I'm so excited about this house and all the cool things you are going to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie! That's what it's here for! I'm thrilled you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day!