06 April 2011

stools

I'm in need of want stools for the kitchen.  The only one I have now works great- it was my dad's when he was in school. I've over hauled it a few times but I love the fact that it was he who sat on it when he created all of his wonderful pieces of art in college, but it looks so lonely bellied up to the counter all by itself so... here are the options! I need to consider the ultimate overall aesthetic of the kitchen once I remodel, durability, and, of course, affordability.

restoration hardware $300

amazon $80


chefs catalog $300

covey $380



linens n things $170


makr $690!!!

amazon $205

cb2 $120 - contender #2
ikea $40 - contender #1


I think this one may be the winner. I love the overall aesthetic- it looks like it belongs in an urban loft, a farm kitchen or even an artists studio. Ultimately, when I remodel, I plan on melding function [right now that is non existent] + modern/urban + touches of the homes originality and history. I'm a nut about finishes, so with the black I won't have to worry about it not complimenting the other finishes [or the future hardwood floors].

I'm reluctant to purchase a piece of furniture from Ikea due to lack of quality, but I figure these won't  get too much use [I won't have kiddos running around for another couple of years... or ten...] and by the time they need to be replaced, I will probably want something different. Maybe by that point I will have the tools I need to build one of my own designs!  :)


xoxo

a

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day!